Planet Dog Foundation (PDF) is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting other nonprofits that raise, train, and place all manner of working dogs. This includes the various types of assistance dogs—guide, hearing, and service dogs—as well as therapy dogs, search and rescue dogs, police dogs, military dogs, bomb-sniffing dogs, and others.
The primary mode of support is financial, offered through grant giving and product donations. PDF only offers grants to nonprofit programs that raise, train, and place working dogs. It looks for organizations with a track record of innovative, effective efforts in the industry. For information about receiving a grant for your nonprofit, visit PDF’s Grantmaking web page.
Please note that Planet Dog Foundation does not extend grants to individuals who need help with the cost of acquiring an assistance dog.
PDF identifies its guiding goals as:
- Increasing awareness, interest, and support for working dog providers
- Promoting activities and programs that bring humans and dogs together in mutually beneficial ways
- Building partnerships with local, national, and global organizations to further the PDF mission
- Providing grantees with financial, strategic, and networking support
- Responding to emergency situations that impact humans and animals
- Supporting and encouraging like-minded organizations with product donations
Also, Planet Dog Foundation gladly accepts tax-deductible donations, and all charitable contributions are applied in their entirety to its grant program.